Serves: 2 Cooking time: 30 minutes
Basic roasted cauliflower
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch of chopped cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- To prepare the cauliflower, use a chef’s knife to slice off the nubby base, then quarter it into four even wedges. Slice off the inner core areas, leaving the rest intact (see photo). Then slice each piece into ½” wide pieces, breaking apart any particularly large florets.
- Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Toss until the ingredients are evenly distributed and the cauliflower is lightly coated in oil, adding drizzle of oil if necessary.
- If you’re making basic roasted cauliflower, arrange the cauliflower in an even layer and bake until it’s deeply golden on the edges, tossing halfway, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add some chopped Cilantro and toss it in a bowl