The biggest challenge for any kitchen is to stay innovative, not run out of ideas and be in front of everything. I visited this place where they served this wonderful dish that I am going to share with you (Not a dish, it’s more like a drink). Though it was freaking tasty, I thought of making some additions and subtractions to it. Here’s my version of Lentils Cappuccino.
Lentil Cappuccino is a great addition to any kitchen. It’s healthy, different and tasty.
Serves: 2 Cooking time: 1 hour
- Yellow Lentils – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 2tbsp
- 3 garlic cloves – minced
- Bay leaf – 1
- A couple of sprigs of thyme
- Salt – according to the taste
- Boil the yellow lentils in a pressure cooker or a pan till they soften up.
- Put them in a blender and blend at medium speed for 1 minute
- put 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add the bay leaves to it.
- Add the minced Garlic and cook till they turn medium brown
- Add the pureed lentils
- stir the mixture and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt according tot he taste
- Pour the mixture in a cappuccino cup and add Thyme strings on the top to decorate.
- Serve hot
PS: I love this drink spicy so I have added some canyon pepper crush on the top.