Succotash (from Narragansett sohquttahhash, “broken corn kernels”) is a food dish consisting primarily of sweet corn with Garbanzo beans or other shell beans. … In some parts of the American South, any mixture of vegetables prepared with lima beans and topped with lard or butter is called succotash.
Though traditionally it has lima beans I have used Garbanzo beans.
This is by far the easiest and healthiest recipe.
Serves: 2 Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups boiled Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (about 6 ears)
- 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh
- Dried Basil Leaves – 1tbsp
- Dill leaves – 1tbsp
- Italian seasoning – 1 tbsp
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 F.
- Mix beans with chopped onions and tomatoes. Add the corn and all the vegetables and herbs.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes
- remove from the oven and add salt according to taste.