This delicious Mexican style corn soup is a perfect way to start a Mexican themed dinner. Like all my other recipes, it is very easy to cook and requires ingredients easily available – most of the time you will find them in your kitchen
Serves: 2 Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 big green or red bell pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 medium sized sweet onion – chopped in big pieces
- Olive oil – 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- pepper – 1/2 tsp
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Smoke the bell pepper on the top of your stove on high heat. After some time you will notice its outer skin all burned up. Cook it directly on the top of the stove for 10-15 minutes till all the skin is burned.
- Alternatively, you can also place the whole bell pepper in an oven (preheat to 350) and bake it for 10-15 minutes till the outer skin is deformed.
- let it cool and then peel off the outer skin. It would easily come off with peeling using hands.
- Chop the pepper into small squares and keep it aside
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add onions. let it cook till soft and add corn kernel. Let it cook for 5 minutes and remove the mixture from the stove and add it to a high-intensity blender.
- blend into a soft paste.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add the chopped bell pepper squares. cook it till soft.
- add the corn paste to it along with 2 1/2 cups of water.
- Add salt and pepper and bring it to boil
- Serve hot.