Coco bread is eaten in Jamaica and other areas of the Caribbean. The bread contains some coconut milk, and is starchy and slightly sweet. It is often split in half and stuffed with a Jamaican patty to form a sandwich.
This recipe doesn’t take much preparation time and once everything is done in 20 minutes, you need to bake it fro 1 and half hour.
Serves: 5-6 Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- All-purpose Flour – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- eggs- 3 whole beaten
- Coconut milk – 3/4 cup
- Shredded Coconut – 3-4 spoon
- Butter – 3/4 cup
- Beat butter and sugar till it turns soft and fluffy
- Add lightly beaten eggs to the mixture and beat it on medium speed
- Add half cup all-purpose flour and shredded coconut
- Add the rest of remaining flour along with coconut milk and beat at high intensity.
- Grease the bread mold with butter and add the mixture to it
- Bake it for 1 and half hour.
- Remove from the oven and while bread is hot dab it with 2 spoons of coconut milk
- Sprinkle some coconut on the top and let it cool
- Cut in slices once cold.