Quinoa is the common name for Chenopodium quinoa of the flowering plant family Amaranthaceae. It is grown as a grain crop primarily for its edible seeds. It is a pseudocereal rather than a true cereal, as it is not a grass.
This Thai Style Quinoa is perfect for Thai food lovers. Give your healthy recipes a dash of Thai flavors.
Serves: 2 Cooking time: 1/2 hour
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- water – 1/2 cup
- Brocolli – 1/2 cup
- Zucchini – 1 chopped
- Onion – 1 chopped
- Bell peppers – 1 chopped
- Kale – 2 cups
- olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper – according to taste
- Chilli flakes – according to taste
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Thai green paste – 2 tbsp
- Finely chop the kale and saute in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Saute till soft and set it aside.
- Boil 1 cup quinoa with 1/s cup water adding and chili flakes. Set it aside
- Spray olive oil on baking sheet and bake all vegetables in oven at 350 F for half hour
- In a pan heat Thai green paste and add coconut milk to it. Simmer and set it aside.
- Take a bowl and make a bed of kale leaves. add cooked quinoa and then add the Veggies.
- Pour the Thai coconut milk mixture on the top
- Serve hot or cold