Laab is a beloved Laotian Salad known for its spicy flavors along with fresh herbs. This vegetarian version makes a hearty dinner
Serves:2 Cooking time: 1 hour
- Jasmine Rice – 1 cup
- Carrots – 2
- Cremini Mushrooms – 6 Oz
- Lime – 1
- Broccoli – 1.5
- Savoy Cabbage – 1/2lb
- Cilantro and Mint – 1 bunch
- Soy Glaze – 3 tbsp
- Peanut Butter – 2 tbsp
- Serrano Pepper – 1
- Cocnut Palm Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Coconut milk powder – 1/4 cup (Or coconut milk – 1 cup)
- Olive oil – 4tbsp
- Salt and Pepper – according to taste
- Prepare the Ingredients: Peel the carrot and make thin slices, Quater the lime, Mix Coconut powder with 1 cup water, Slice the Mushrooms, Cut broccoli into small florets, Pick mint and Cilantro off the stems, Cut round slices off Serano Pepper.
- Mix sugar and juice of 2 quarter lemon slice. Add carrots and pepper to it. Let it marinate for 10-15 minutes
- Cook the rice in Coconut Powder mix.
- In a separate bowl mix Peanut butter with soy glaze. Set it aside
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add mushroom. Let it cook till soft.
- Add the cooked mushroom to the peanut butter soy mixture.
- In the same pan add 2 tbsp Olive oil and Broccolo. Cook till soft and add 1/2 cup water. Cook till water evaporates.
- Add the Broccoli to the Soy Peanut Butter Mushroom mixture. Add salt and pepper according to the taste.
- In a plate place the cabbage leaves at the bottom and layer up the rice. Add some carrot sand put some Soya glaze veggies on the top. You can plate it as you like
- Garnish with mint and cilantro.
- Serve hot.