One serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin,riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
Here’s a way to make eating cauliflower more interesting and fun. If you like Indian food, this is your go to!!
Serves: 2 Cooking time: 1 hour
- Cauliflower – 1 whole, separate the florets
- potato – 1 peeled and sliced in cubes
- onion – 1 and half
- tomato – 3
- garlic – 5-6 cloves
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- oil – 2tbsp
- Cilantro – 1/ bunch chopped
- water – 2 cups
- chickpea flour – 2 spoons
- salt – according to taste
- Lemon- 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seed powder
- Cumin seed powder – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli powder – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – half stick
- Bay leaves – 3
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Dried Fenugreek leaves – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- In a pan, boil 2 cups water with salt and add cauliflowers florets to it. Boil them till they are soft but not very soft, or they will turn mushy. Keep it aside
- Take tomato, onion, and garlic and crush it into a puree. In a separate bowl crush all the spices together.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil and add ginger paste. Add the potatoes and cook till they are soft.
- Mix chickpea flour with 2 cups water and add it to the potatoes. Add all the spices.
- let it boil and add cauliflower florets.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with Rice.
To make Rice:
Chop 1 onion into thin slices, heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add 1 tbsp cumin seeds. Add the onions and cook it till they are soft, translucent and brown. Add 1 cup washed rice and let it cook.