Any day is a good day to have a piece of cake. This unique eggless delight has the rich butterscotch flavor with sparkling icing on the top.
- Flour : 140 grams
- Baking soda : ½ tsp
- Baking powder : ½ tsp
- Butter softened : 120 grams
- Milkmaid : 200 grams
- Milk : 75 ml
- Vanilla Essence : 1 tsp
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder (mix and set aside)
- In another bowl cream the butter and milkmaid. Add vanilla essence and set aside.
- Now add the flour mixture to the butter mixture.Add the milk in small quantity (do not over beat)
- Pour the batter in greased and lined tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 degrees foe 20-25 min. or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 min. De-mold and cool completely on the rack.
- Whipped Cream: 200 grams
- Sugar : 50 grams
- Butter : 1 tsp
- Dry Fruits : 25 grams (Cashew, Almond, Pistachio)
- Butterscotch nutties : 25 grams
- Butterscotch Essence : 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence : ½ tsp
Method for Praline :
- In a pan add the sugar, caramelize till golden brown. Add the dry fruits and butter. Pour the mixture on parchment paper and with a rolling pin crush it and use.
Method for butterscotch filling :
- Fold in the whipped cream, vanilla essence and butterscotch essence.
Assemble and decoration :
- Cut the cake into 3 layers and place it in a ring mold.
- Soak the cake with sugar syrup or plain water.
- Spread the filling on 1st layer along with crushed praline. Repeat the same for 2nd and 3rd
- Crumb coat the cake with butterscotch mousse.
- Decorate with praline and sugar art.